Swim England have temporarily suspended the updated guidance on diving at competitions while they consult with clubs and organisations across the UK.
While this consulation is taking place, we have been advised to return to the previous guidance that was allowing swimmers who hold a competitive start award to dive into races in water with a minimum depth of 09.m.
There is a survey monkey form set up to collate the views of clubs and organisations across the UK.
Nottinghamshire ASA have already completed this form on behalf of the Nottinghamshire ASA run competitions but as clubs we would encourage you to complete the form to let Swim England hear your opinions.
Please click here to complete the survey. This survey will close on 5th June 2022.
The Swim England East Midlands Festival of Swimming will be returning in 2022!
This competition is due to take place on 23rd and 24th July 2022 at the ALL NEW 10 lane 50m swimming pool at the Moorways Sports Village, Derby.
Events will include all 50m, 100m and 200m long course events, along with some club relays!, all for East Midlands swimmers aged 9 and over.
Full information along with entry information will be available soon on the East Midland Regional Championships website https://www.emswimchamps.org.uk
Unfortunatley we have to bring you the sad news of the passing of Brian Dent from Sherwood CSC.
Brian was a long standing member of Sherwood CSC who taught a vast number of its members how to swim.
Our thoughts are with Brian’s family.
Please see the new guidelines for diving in to pools during a competition.
We are no longer allowed to dive into water less than 1.35m in competitions.
We are currently getting clarification as to how this affects our low level competitions especially when it comes to relays in pools that are less then 1.35m deep at the turn end.
The Notttinghamshire ASA Summer Gala is BACK!!
Notts ASA a proud to say that the Summer Gala has finally made a return after what feels like such a long time. The competition is set to take place on 16th and 17th July 2022 at Harvey Hadden Sports Village. All entry information is now available here.
Over the last week the British Swimming Championships 2022 have been taking place at Ponds Forge, Sheffield. This has seen the best of the best from Britain competing together hunting for those PB’s and Medals. Over the 6 days of swimming Nottinghamshire swimmers came out in force and bagged many PB Times and a good handful of medals to go with it.
Please see a list of all Nottinghamshire swimmers who competed and those who made it through to finals.
A Huge Congratulations to you all from Nottinghamshire Swimming!
- Amelia Stevenson – Bassetlaw SS
- Anya Preece – NOVA (Priority Paris 200m Fly Final 4th, Open 800m Free 14th, Open 1500m Free 9th, Priority Paris 400m Free Final 4th)
- Bradley Evans – NOVA
- Callum Kettlewell – Bassetlaw SS
- Callum Melville – NOVA (Priority Paris 100m Breast Final 5th, Junior 50m Breast Final 1st, Open 200m Breast B Final 8th)
- Cira Fletcher – NOVA (Open 50m Breast Final 6th, Open 200m Breast Final 6th, Open 100m Breast B Final 3rd)
- Constance Phillips – NOVA
- Cyril Hanson Schleiper – NOVA
- Ellie Ward – NOVA
- Elliot Day – NOVA
- Elliot Sibley – NOVA (Open 800m Free 48th, Open 1500m Free 54th)
- Emma Erskine – NOVA (Open 400m IM B Final 7th, Priority Paris 200m Butterfly Final 3rd, Priority Paris 200m IM Final 4th)
- Evie Johnson – NOVA
- Freya Colbert – NOVA (Open 200m Free Final 3rd, Open 400m IM Final 1st, Open 100m Free B Final 1st, Open 400m Free Final 2nd)
- Iona Colbert – NOVA (Junior 100m Back Final 1st, Priority Paris 200m Back Final 3rd, Junior 50m Back Final 1st)
- James Chennells – Notts Uni
- Jessica Li – NOVA (Junior 50m Back Final 8th)
- Joseph Kingsland – NOVA (Open 800m Free 36th, Open 1500m Free 55th)
- Joseph Sadler – NOVA
- Kate Morris – NOVA (Junior 200m Back Final 6th, Priority Paris 200m IM Final 5th)
- Lewis Warner – Bassetlaw SS (Junior 50m Back Final 4th)
- Livia Kingsland – NOVA (Junior 400m IM Final 2nd, Open 800m Free 40th, Open 1500m Free 7th, Junior 400m Free Final 8th)
- Madeleine Soper – Notts Uni
- Megan Spiers – NOVA (Open 800m Free 24th, Open 1500m Free 17th)
- Nelly Kinch – NOVA (Open 800m Free 20th)
- Oswald Hood – Notts Uni
- Rachel Webb – Bassetlaw SS (Open 1500m Free 50th)
- Rose Gubbins – NOVA
- Thomas Pickering – NOVA
- Thomas White – NOVA (Priority Paris 400m IM Final 8th)
- Tom Trueman – NOVA
Nottingham Leander Swimmer and Hucknall Mens Water Polo Player Hamza Tran, has been selected to represent England in the U17’s Male Team in the EU Nations tournament in Brno Czech Republic at the end of April.
Hamza is a dedicated swimmer and water polo player, and with some funding help from Nottinghamshire ASA along with the Nottingham Education Trust and Robert George Foundation he has managed to persue his dreams and able to compete for England on the international stage.
Hamza sends his thanks to everyone who has helped him along the way, and cant wait to represent England in the Czech Republic at the end of April.
Swim England have confirmed that from March 11th 2022 all licensed competitions will have the full requirement for officials and other conditions returned as they were pre-COVID lockdown.
Full information can be found here.