The warm up schedule for the final weekend including relays can be found here.
This is a general reminder to all competitors that withdrawals from a race close at 6pm on the day before the scheduled race. Therefore withdrawals from any event on Saturday need to be complete by 6pm Friday evening using the online withdrawal form. Events that are due to take place on Sunday, withdrawals need to be made online no later than 6pm on Saturday evening. Failure to withdraw from a race and then not compete in that race will result in a £10 fine. https://counties.notts-swimming.co.uk/withdrawals/withdraw?mid=37
We are still following the most recent guidance and at present we are still allowed to have spectators at our competitions, but the COVID guidance below must be followed. Spectator admission is not ticketed and it is to be paid for at the entrance control on the balcony upon arrival. A wrist band will be provided to all paid spectators for each day and this must be clearly worn and displayed at all times while in the spectators balcony. We are again taking card payments and both days can be paid for at the same time if you are attending both days.
The Bean Culture café situated in the foyer of Harvey Hadden will be open on Saturday and Sunday offering a wide selection of hot and cold drinks and food.
Medals, Presentations and Photography:
When swimmers are collecting medals from the medals desk and also during presentations it is important that they wear a face mask to help keep everyone as safe as possible. We will have our official photographer on poolside to take photos of the trophy presentations. For COVID safe practices we are asking that ONLY our official photographer is to be taking photos on poolside during these presentations. ONLY the swimmers who are being presented with trophies are to attend the presentation area. Anyone else in attendance will be asked to return back to their club areas. There is to be NO photography from poolside or in the changing rooms at all throughout the competition except from our official photographer.
- Everyone who is to attend the county championships are to attend at their own risk. and should follow all current government guidelines with regards to COVID restrictions, and should only attend if they are fit and able to do so in line with the Swim England Return to Competition Health Declaration.
- We are advising EVERYONE who wishes to attend the County Championships, Spectators, Swimmers, Coaches and Volunteers, to take a Lateral Flow Test within 48 hours prior to attending the championships. If the test shows a positive or a failed test, PLEASE DO NOT attend the championships, and swimmers please withdraw using the online form as above.
- Face Coverings MUST be worn (except exempt) while entering, exiting and moving about the facility and for spectators they must be worn until seated. Once seated, it is the spectators choice if they wish to remain wearing them.
- Swimmers are NOT to go into the balcony at any point during the competition.
Relay day of the County Championships are always very hectic but we have some specific information that we need to remind everyone of.
- Relays will not be stewarded by Nottinghamshire ASA Volunteers. Teams are to be stewarded by team managers or coaches. Races will not wait for missing teams/swimmers.
- Relay withdrawals can be made online using the online withdrawal form, but must be made by a coach/team manager ONLY. These must be submitted no later than 6pm on Saturday.
- There will be one additional coaches pass available to every club (FOC) for the relay day.
- Backstroke Wedges will NOT be available during the relay day
- If an event has 8 teams or less, then the event will be swum as a straight final in the finals session (as per FINA rules), and no need for the heat swim. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS AFFECTS ALL OF THE 9/10 YEAR OLD RELAYS. THESE SWIMMERS WILL NOT NEED TO ATTEND THE HEAT SESSION ON SUNDAY AFTERNOON AND CAN JUST COME FOR THE FINALS.
Team Declarations need to be completed for each team. Names should be filled in, in the order that they will be swum. These declarations can be completed electronically and send them back to us before the day or handed in no later than the start of the warm up for the session. The Declaration can be found here.