As most of you are aware Nottingham City Council have now started the “Big Dig” project on the new 50m Swimming pool at Harvey Hadden Sports Complex.
Nottinghamshires Swimming Elite were among the councilors when the first bit of the new pool area was dug out.
(L to R) Hugh White Director of Sport Culture & Parks, local Councillor Wendy Smith, Sam van de Schootbrugge, Karl Morgan, Amber Keegan, Sasha Matthews, Councillor David Trimble, Charlotte Henshaw, Ollie Hynd, Jamie Main, Wendy Coles, Josie Grange.
The 50m Pool project at Harvey Hadden is part of a £13.5 million redevelopment that is set to be complete in Early 2015. The new improved centre will not only house the new 8 lane 50m swimming pool, with adjustable floor and movable boom to allow the simultaneous use of 2 x 25m pools, but all of the following improvements:
- Two multi-use activity studios for fitness movement and dance
- Large fitness room/gym
- New male and female dry changing rooms
- New pool changing village with baby, disabled, and group/school changing areas
- Pool viewing and spectator seating
- Health suite – sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi
- Refurbished sports hall
- Vending area and cafeteria facilities
- Improved access and facilities for disabled people, including a ‘Changing Places’ toilet
Artist Impression of the new exterior
Artist Impression of the new pool
We will keep you all updated with any news as soon as we get it. For More information and live construction photos please visit the Nottingham City Council Website