The Nottinghamshire ASA Swimming Committee have been working hard to get the 2016 County Championships Package sorted and ready for publishing. There is a lot of work going on behind the scenes and we are hoping to get the schedule, qualifying times and full conditions published by mid-July. However, we would like to confirm the following details:
- 2016 County Dates:
- Saturday 16th January – Harvey Hadden (50m pool)
- Sunday 17th January – Harvey Hadden (50m pool)
- Saturday 6th February – Water Meadows (25m pool)
- Sunday 7th February – Water Meadows (25m pool) – Relay day
- Saturday 13th February – Harvey Hadden (50m pool)
- Sunday 14th February – Harvey Hadden (50m pool)
- All entry times will be short course (long course conversions are allowed) and locked down so only valid entry times from the national rankings database will be accepted. This means that times to enter the county championships will need to be gained in a licensed meet levels 1 to 4, however, we have agreed that times will be acceptable from the 1st of January in the year before the competition. This will mean for the 2016 County Championships, times will be accepted from the 1st January 2015, which incorporates the times gained in the previous county championships.
- The age groups will be 10/11, 12, 13, 14, 15/Over, there will be single age group finals, i.e. 5 finals for all 50m and 100m events.
- All of the 50m events, except the 50m freestyle, and the 100m IM will take place at Water Meadows in the 25m pool. The 50m freestyle events will take place at Harvey Hadden in the 50m pool.
- All of the events other than the 100m IM will be eligible for accumulating FINA points for a new points system and performance awards (formally BAGCATS).
- Entry closing date will be between Christmas and New Year 2015.
Please be aware that many of the changes being implemented are requirements to license County Championships under the new British Swimming / ASA Competition Structure. Note that these changes are not the decision of Notts ASA and are not optional.